I’m alive! My world is utter chaos right now. We are not only not unpacked but we finally just finished clearing out the old house. My nieces are staying with me for the summer. Peanut’s napping schedule has become totally random.
We have been eating whatever is quick and easy which unfortunately means kind of crappy. I really wanted to get back in this space and start blogging again. So i’m just going to ease back into this and basically give snap shot of what is going on right now.
We have made this recipe twice in the last three weeks. I wish I could of come up with this delicious genius but I am glad someone did. It takes a while to make but it goes in the crockpot so you don’t have babysit it. Make this pork, trust me.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips – I have been craving both salty and sweet lately. My nieces and I melted some chocolate chips on potato chips. It was ok but I am going to work on taking it up a notch. I will update after we test some things out.
I haven’t had the chance to announce here that my wife is pregnant. We are super excited to be adding to our family and it was what spurred us to finally move after 12 years in the townhouse. I have been trying to make sure she eats enough eggs. I have been making these breakfast sandwiches. They take 10 minutes to make and are great to grab and go. You can freeze them and reheat in the microwave and they are not too shabby. Try making a couple on the weekend and reheat during the week.
1. Toast english muffins
2. Place two pre-cooked sausage patties in the microwave for about 1 min
3. Melt butter in a pan and spread a little butter on the inside of the egg rings. (I like these)
4. Crack eggs directly into the egg rings.
5. Once the eggs become opaque, about 5-7 minutes, use a butter knife gently separate egg from the ring by sliding it around the inside. Flip eggs and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Assemble sandwich and find an adorable helper to eat them with you.